Scripty, vintage,
easy-to-read,
cursive, Skinny, FAT, curly,
spott-y, stripe-y,
handwriting,
crazy,
etc.
You might ask where I get all my fonts. I will tell you: dafont.com. This site is bursting at the seams with all kinds of awesome fonts!
Next question you might ask is, "How do you download fonts?" I will tell you that, too! Actually, I'm going to show you! Ok, ready? Buckle up! Here we go! :D
Step 2. Find a font you like. They have categories at the top of the page, like: curly, comic, typewriter, western, handwritten, calligraphy, etc.
Step 3. Once you find a font you like, click on the button that says "Download," to the right of the font. For instance, if I wanted to download the font called "Holly Berry Wonderland" (in the picture below), I would click where the arrow is pointing. You see? :D
Step 4. After clicking the Download button, a box should pop up that asks where you want to save it. You want to save it in a folder call "Downloads" (on the left). If your computer doesn't have a folder like that, either create one, or if you don't know how to do that, just save it anywhere. I realize that every computer is different!! :D
Step 5. After you save it, a long rectangular box should appear at the bottom of your screen, with a smaller rectangle on the left. Wait until the green loading circle goes away on the smaller rectangle, then double-click on the smaller rectangle. A box should pop up, like before, but don't click anything, because that's for the next step! :D
Step 6. Now, there should be a "list" of things in the box that just popped up. One of the things should have the name of the font on it and the icon in front of it should have a small, blue "A" on it. Like this...
Step 7. Double-click on the "A" icon. That should bring up another box with a sample of the font you want. At the top of that box, there should be a button that says "Install." Click on it! :D
Step 8. Rejoice! You just downloaded a font!! I'm so proud of you! :D You must realize, of course, that that font you just downloaded won't work in Google or Gmail or anything like that. It only works when you're typing something in Microsoft Word, or LibreOffice or whichever word processing program is on your computer. :D
BTW, here are some of my personal favorite fonts. You can download all of them from dafont.com!
P.S. - I know the names are really weird, but you're gonna have to trust me: these are beautiful fonts, okay? :D
- KG Happy
- KG Hard Candy Striped - I absolutely love this one!
- KG Next To Me
- KG Skinny Latte
- KG Eyes Wide Open - #1 FAVORITE FONT!!!
- KG God Gave Me You
- KG Only Human
- DJB Coffee Shoppe Espresso - I just got this one yesterday, and I LOVE IT!!
So, there you have it. Have fun! :D







This will come in super handy!
ReplyDeleteHi Brittany,
ReplyDeleteI am loving your blog, It is so cute!! I just downloaded some of those fonts and loving them to death!!! Thanks so much for sharing!! <3
Thanks, Sara! I'm glad you like it! :D
Delete~Brittany