Friday, October 17, 2014

50 Random Facts About Me


This is my first blog post ever! To begin, I thought I would tell you 50 random facts about me, so you can get to know me better! So here they are, ladies and gentleman:

*drumroll*

1) I have brown straight hair.


2) I own two pairs of Converse sneakers, one hot pink (now faded) and one gray with a coral double-tongue.
*Edit: I now own three. The newest addition is mint green.

3) I have four siblings (two brothers and two sisters), all older than me.

4) I love candy, especially gummy bears and peach rings, even though they are literally just chewy sugar. Maybe that's why I like them...

5) Someday, I want to go to Europe and see France, Ireland, England, and Spain. Not Italy. The only Italian thing I like is pizza.

6) I share a room with my 20-something year old sister, Amanda.

7) I had braces for 4 1/2 years! Yeah! 4 1/2 stinkin' years! No gum or gummy candy or popcorn! But now I have a pretty smile! :D

8) I love the colors gray and yellow together. So beautiful. 

9) I also love chevron. A lot. (It's a pattern.)

10) I will have a nephew in May 2015! #cantwaittobeanaunt! <3
*Edit: Jonathan Haddon Rains was born on April 30, 2015. #imanaunt! <3 <3 <3

11) I was saved on September 22, 2012.

12) I love downloading cool fonts to my computer! I know, I'm a geek! :D

13) I love school. Seriously. I love school!

14) My birthday is June 11. Now that you know that, you have no excuse not to get me a gift on my birthday. :D It's also my Nana's birthday and King Kamehameha Day in Hawaii.

15) I hate rollercoasters.

16) I detest tomatoes.

17) I like, no, I love shooting my gun.

18) IMPORTANT FACT: I love volleyball! 

19) I think I'm addicted to peanut butter! No, really, I think I am!

20) "I Love Lucy" and "The Dick Van Dyke Show" are two of my favorite old shows. Probably because they're old school and hilarious and clean. I highly recommend these two shows. Watch them. Now. Are you still reading this? ;D

21) I love cooking and baking. Actually I like the results.

22) I've always wanted to be an airline stewardess. Always.

23) One of my pet peeves is when people think they are more important than they really are. Does that bother you, too?

24) I LOVE COFFEE!!!! Especially peppermint mocha from Starbucks.

25) I can play the piano, though not enough to brag about. 

26) I love peaches. They are so good!

27) My favorite ice cream is coconut. Delish! :P

28) I love Christmas music! Even in June or July!

29) I'm obsessed with anchors!

30) According to my older and somewhat wiser brother, Ben, I am really bad at horseshoes. I agree. I am pretty bad.

31) My favorite colors are mint, aqua, coral, and navy.

32) I don't like Frozen. At all. Sorry. No, wait, I'm not sorry.

*Edit: I still don't like Frozen. Not sorry.

33) I love gerbera daises and gladiola.

34) My favorite flower, however, is sunflowers.

35) My dream truck would be a black, Jacked-up Ford F-150 with leather seats and a loud roar!

36) I love Grumpy Cat!

37) I love mustaches so much that if I could grow one, I would! :{

38) I love reading Jane Austen books!

39) I love milk chocolate above all other chocolates.

40) My favorite month is May, because that's when Baby's coming! :D And it's the month when all the pretty little flowers start blooming and the air gets a little warmer and I don't have to wear a coat anymore!

41) I have loved horses ever since I was a little girl, though I have given up on asking for one every Christmas.

42) I love Irish, British, and Australian accents! 

43) I am part Irish and German. My great-great-grandmother came over from Ireland at age 14 with her brother. Cool, huh?

44) I was born on a Monday (Monday's child is fair of face; take it however you will...). Visit this page to see what people born on a Monday are like: 

45) I love watching Jane Austen movies, like Emma, Pride & Prejudice, Persuasion, and Sense and Sensibility.

46) My favorite verse is Psalm 68:19, "Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah." What an amazing verse!

47) I could eat frozen yogurt all day, every day. But I would probably get really fat! :D

48) I am neither right nor left brained. I have a "golden brain," whatever that means. According to the results of a test I did, my "spontaneous, impulsive, and free-flowing right brain creates an exciting and adventurous world, while [my] left brain helps [me] make sense of it and keep track of everything." So true. It's like they know me!

49) I was home schooled (yes, I'm one of those) from from preschool to 6th grade, then to Emmaus Baptist Academy (http://emmausbaptist.tumblr.com/) for 7th grade and am now home schooled again for 8th grade. And it is going quite well, I might add!

50) I derive great pleasure from watching thunderstorms! As long as I'm inside and not in danger of getting struck by lightning! 

Well, there ya have it! 50 facts about me! I probably could have written 50 more! Well, maybe 2 or 3 more. Nope, I couldn't have written anymore! :D

Thank you so much for checking out my blog! Keep checking back here to see if I've posted anything new!

Oh, yeah. Exciting news: I'M GOING TO HAWAII IN APRIL!!!!! Yes, you read that right! I'm seriously flying to Hawaii with my parents and staying there for about 2 weeks! Be jealous, everyone! :D More posts to follow about that thrilling trip!

4 comments:

  1. Love it Brittany! Sooooo you like frozen yogurt too? Yay! We can get fat together hehehe ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goody!....excited to get to see your adventures as you follow along with mine here in Kenya!
    Can't wait till May either....except to me he/she will be a cousin.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you, Britt!
    Great job!
    Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love downloading fonts, too!!! And you have great taste in fonts I might add :o)

    ReplyDelete